Bhujangasana or the Cobra pose is among the pre-eminent poses of yoga known for its frequent health benefits. This is one of the twelve poses of the Sun salutation. This floor pose can gently stretch and flex the body, whereas the head-up position is quite reminiscent of a cobra rising from the ground. Therefore, this particular pose brings you strength and flexibility.
How to do Cobra pose?
- With the help of your belly, you can lie on the floor and extend behind by placing the foot tops on the floor. A few inches away from your shoulders, place your hand’s palm down on the floor and squeeze the elbows towards your body, rather than letting your elbows splay out towards the sides.
- Through the tops of your feet and thighs, press firmly down. Next, try to draw your tailbone towards the ground.
- Reach the chest forward and up on an inhale and draw your shoulders away from the ears.
- Straight to straighten the elbows and press into your palms. As you are to lift your chest forward and up, keep the legs engaged.
- For around 30 seconds, stay in this pose and lower your body when you exhale and rest on the floor.
There is no doubt that this particular pose will influence your frontal and posterior planes right from the toes to your chin. You will be noticing many positive changes in your internal organs and benefit your emotional well-being. The following are the Bhujangasana benefits if you practice it regularly.
- Reduced anxiety and stress
The Cobra pose can deeply open your heart to reduce your stress and anxiety. Try to roll your shoulders up, back, and down as your chest is pushed forward to pry the rib cage open in the hold thoroughly.
- Improved digestion
When your body’s frontal plane is stretched, the function of your abdominal organs is encouraged and therefore, compressing the low back area that invigorates the kidneys. The overall effect of this particular pose is complete gastrointestinal stimulation.
- Eased asthma
When you open your chest cavity, this posture helps open up space for the lungs to expand. So it is excellent for dissipating any allergy and asthma symptoms. You can fully expand the diaphragm by practicing deep breathing.
- Flexibility and strength
With the help of this pose, you can strengthen your gluteal muscles, spine, arms, thighs, and shoulders. With the Cobra pose, you get a perky bottom, and when it is about flexibility, it is crucial to stretch your belly when you do any core work.
- Reduce neck and back pain
For those people who sit hunched over a desk, steering wheel, or phone, this particular pose is very beneficial for them. When you stretch your muscles in the chest, shoulders, and neck, you can relieve your upper body’s tightness.
When you add Cobra pose or Bhujangasana to your routine offers you several Cobra pose benefits. As the Cobra pose is an advanced yoga pose, it enriches your physical health, and especially for those who struggle with the stress and anxiety of daily life, this pose is miraculous. Cobra pose is also great for healing your body, mind, and soul and offers you the best therapeutic benefits of yoga to the lifestyle.