Welcome to the topic COW FACE POSE (GOMUKHASANA).
Gomukhasana or the Cow Face pose is considered to be an excellent asana that can activate your body from head to toe. This is a seated pose that actually works the upper and the lower body, and therefore, it can be perfect for those who try to work on their flexibility. While this pose does require flexible hips and shoulders, but you can modify this pose according to the specific needs of your body. Therefore, this pose is available for those who like to access all the benefits of this excellent yoga pose.
- This asana can be started by sitting on the yoga mat, keeping your back straight and the legs extended right in front of you.
- By placing the arms next to the hips, you can slowly put the feet together.
- By bending the right leg, you can place the foot under the left hip. Next is to keep the left knee over the right one.
- You can slowly raise the left arm above the head and then bend your elbow.
- Try to bring the arm behind the back and interlock both your hands.
- You have to take deep breaths in this particular position and stay as long as you feel comfortable.
- You can release your arms as you start to exhale.
- In the end, uncross your legs and repeat the same for the other leg.
There are a number of Gomukhasana benefits not only for your body but also for your mind. As this particular pose can activate your entire body, so it can offer you great physical benefits, especially when it is about stretching your muscles. However, there are a lot of mental benefits because of the stillness of this pose. The following are the physical and mental benefits of Gomukhasana.
- The Cow Face pose offers a deep stretch to the arms, shoulders, neck, and chest while also stretching the ankles, hips, and thighs.
- This particular pose can also strengthen your spine.
- Gomukhasana can also provide relief for the stiff shoulders, and this can be very helpful if you have any backaches.
- This pose also offers relief to those people who tend to suffer from sciatica.
- With the help of the Cow Face pose, you can relieve your mental tension and stress, especially in case you are paired with pranayama.
- The most significant benefit of this pose is that it is able to work on your triceps and the rotator cuff. Other than that, it also works on your chest muscles and your upper back.
In the everyday life hustle and bustle, you can quickly revert to the old and incorrect ways of standing, sitting, and lying down. By practicing yoga, you can help yourself break those habits of imbalance, and therefore, you are able to gain ease and suppleness in your life. When you add Cow Face pose or Gomukhasana in your practice, you will notice that your life can benefit in many ways, on and off the mat.
Also Read: CHILD’S POSE (BALASANA)